Writing "The Bell That Never rang"

Image


I came across this photograph on my computer this morning and it immediately took me back to June 2020 when I was deeply immersed in writing the first part of the novel. New Zealand had been in lockdown and I was due to return to the UK but COVID was making international travel little difficult. So writing the novel became a big part of my daily routine.

Nearly two years later and the book is published. Thanks for the generous and positive feedback received thus far, mostly it must be said from friends and family. I look at this picture and sometimes wonder what was going on in my head at that time? Lots of research, so many threads to follow and a lot of determination to drag it all together into a story. The book finally emerged from a long term ambition to see if I could do it - could I write a novel that I would like to read?

I was enjoying myself!  Of that I am now sure and my thoughts have already begun to stray towards a sequel. Only time ( and reviews posted, preferably on Amazon folks!) will tell whether this was time well spent?


I intend regularly blogging again about the book and any other topics that grab my attention. If you haven't done so already, click the three little lines top left and click  'follow' so that you never miss another blog! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Grey cloud....

They kept a welcome in the hillsides!

Day 6/7 : Over and Out, for now!